The two sites of the SARGADOM project, Thermal Dome and Sargasso Sea could be in the first batch of proposals for ABMTs in the high seas. The main question during this Steering Committee was how to organize a proposal for BBNJ (link to Article 19 “Proposals” of the BBNJ Treaty) addressing the specific questions:
- For which criteria (BBNJ Annex 1)?
- What is the best available science?
- How to put forward the best available science to present the case?
- Which measure(s) should we propose?
- Who needs to be consulted during the pre-proposal phase?
- Introduction by Phénia Marras-Aït Razouk and Joëlle Richard
- Socio-Ecosystem Diagnostic Analysis (SEDA) Methodology by Denis Bailly
- Sargasso Sea Socio-Ecosystem Diagnostic Analysis – Structure and Methodology by David Vousden
- Costa Rica Thermal Dome by Jorge A. Jiménez and Sonia A. Jurado
- Sargasso Sea Commission Updates by David Freestone, David Vousden, Jesse Cleary and Fae Sapsford (To be converted to PDF for reading from the Drive)
- Communication & Capacity Building by Joëlle Richard